[Coral-List] Sahara Dust

MelissaE Keyes melissae.keyes at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 12:53:48 UTC 2019

Hello Listers,
I just looked at the 'particulate' map on earth.null school and there is More than normal wind across sub-Saharan Africa.  Stirring up massive amounts of dust, which is already headed out over the Atlantic.  There could be a massive Sargassum bloom from this?  I don't have opportunity to go back over the last few years to see if there is a correlation between dust and central Atlantic Sargassum
We didn't have a ;ot of dust here in the US Virgin Islands last year, and only "moderate" amounts of Sargassum washing up
Cheers.
Melissa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Melissa E. Keyes St. Croix, U.S.Virgin Islands