[Coral-List] New 8 minute YouTube video on the thermal tolerance of corals from Palau

Todd LaJeunesse tcl3 at psu.edu
Mon Mar 18 19:35:49 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Gaelin Rosenwaks of Global Ocean Exploration, Inc. has just produced a
brief 8 minute documentary about our research examining reef corals in
Palau and their tolerance of thermal stress. The film explores the unique
and remarkable coral communities of Palau, and our efforts toward unlocking
the secrets of how corals there are thriving in the face of climate change
and warming ocean temperatures.

Her film premiered last week at the “International Ocean Film Festival” and
was well received. “Coral: Glimmer of Hope” is now available on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5M2_tXG5Zo&t=1s

More public screenings are planned in the near future. The next two are
March 30th at Beneath the Sea at the Meadowlands Convention Center in NJ
and April 15th at The Explorers Club.

For more information, visit: http://www.gaelinrosenwaks.com

Instagram: @gaelinGOExplore   or  Twitter: @GaelinGOExplore

Sincerely,

Dustin Kemp, University of Alabama, Birmingham

Todd LaJeunesse, Penn State

Robin Smith, Science Under Sail Institute for Exploration

Tim Bateman, University of Delaware

Elise Keister, University of Alabama, Birmingham

Hannah Reich, Penn State

Kira Turnham, Penn State

--
Todd C. LaJeunesse PhD