[Coral-List] antibodies for Symbiodinium targets

Thomas Krueger thomas.krueger at epfl.ch
Tue Mar 19 16:37:38 UTC 2019

Hi,
I am curious to hear whether anyone has recently used some of the
antioxidant anti-algal antibodies that were originally developed by
Craig Downs as part of a biomarker system (Downs et al. 2005) and then
commercialized by EnVirtue Biotechnologies, Inc.. On contacting Craig,
he said EnVirtue was sold 2004 and that some of the technology was
bought by different companies (e.g. SantaCruz, SIGMA). These antibodies
comprised a range of Symbiodinium targets such as GPx, GST, SODs, and
HSPs, but I have not yet found them again. In general, I am looking for
antibodies that have been demonstrated to work with various targets in
Symbiodinium other than chloroplastic RbcL and psbA. Please feel to
email me directly at thomas.krueger[at]epfl.ch. Any help is greatly
appreciated.
Best,
Thomas