[Coral-List] Request for Information re: resistance of Pocillopora meandrina to high seawater temperatures

Gonzalo Pérez-Rosales Blanch gonzalo.prb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 19:51:21 UTC 2019

Hi Lance and Hector,

In Moorea, French Polynesia most Pocilloporas (P. meandrina and P. verrucosa) suffered a bit of heat stress during the bleaching of 2016 (not even the colonies turning white). So as far as I am concern, mortality was nearly 0 and now they are the two species that dominate Polynesian shallow water landscapes.
However, I don’t know to what extent we can interpret this as high thermal tolerance because bleaching was not severe in this region.

I hope this results useful to you,
Gonzalo

- -
Gonzalo PÉREZ-ROSALES BLANCH
Ph.D. Student, École Pratique des Hautes Études - PSL
CRIOBE (CNRS-EPHE-UPVD) - Laboratoire d’Excellence “CORAIL”
BP 1013, Papetoai, 98729 - MOOREA - POLYNESIE FRANÇAISE
gonzalo.prb at gmail.com
gonzalo.perez-rosales at ephe.psl.eu
Twitter: @Perez_RosalesBG
Tel: +689 87247772 / +34 687008652