[Coral-List] Invitation - Data Discovery Science event online

omeier at hawaii.edu omeier at hawaii.edu
Fri Mar 22 12:42:42 UTC 2019

Friends,

Announcing - a Data Discovery Science Competition
Platform: Data Discovery Studio at http://datadiscoverystudio.org
Details: https://bit.ly/ddscompete
Deadline: Wed., May 1, 2019, 11:59 pm PDT

Data Discovery Studio is a science platform that helps people find the data they need. It hosts records for over 1.6 million datasets and resources from over 40 repositories – so far!

We invite teams and individuals to compete in either of two categories:
(1) Build a Collection of resources at the site, and add links to more resources stored elsewhere.
(2) Use, modify, or create a Jupyter Notebook to explore a data type of interest.

Review details at https://bit.ly/ddscompete or jump right in and register at https://bit.ly/ddsregister .

NOTE: we’ve made a special effort to link to coral reef datasets in assembling these resources - there are over 16,600 records of coral datasets and resources at DDStudio, plus many relevant environmental data sources - please take a look! We’d love your feedback.

All the best,
Ouida

Ouida W. Meier, Ph.D.
omeier at hawaii.edu
EarthCube Coral Reef Science & Cyberinfrastructure Network
Hawai'i Inst of Marine Biology, Univ of Hawai'i
crescynt.org | crescyntblog.org
Data Discovery Studio
datadiscoverystudio.org