[Coral-List] Galapagos Seamount Project is looking for a Volunteer to support and join our team

Salome Buglass salomebu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 01:26:19 UTC 2019

Hola Coral-list,

The Seamount Research Projec
<https://www.darwinfoundation.org/en/research/projects/seamounts-of-the-galapagos-marine-reserve>t
team is currently looking for a volunteer to join us at the Charles Darwin
Research Station (CDRS) in Galapagos.The ideal candidate has a background
in marine sciences, an interest in deep-sea/mesophotic/benthic ecology and
taxonomy, has experience piloting mini ROVs (or similar technologies, e.g.
drones or robots) and some Spanish speaking skills (or vice-versa with
English).

While it's an *unpaid position*, it's a unique opportunity to be part of
the first deep-sea baseline study of seamounts in the GMR, to work with a
team of international scientists, and experience life on an island
community inside one of the biggest and most unique marine reserves on the
planet. Additionally, the volunteer will be the chance to collaborate with
other projects at the research station.

Application deadline: Until the vacancy is filled
Start date: Immediately
Duration: 3months period with the possibility of extending subject the
approval of the project coordinator
For more details on our volunteer opportunity
https://www.darwinfoundation.org/en/get-involved/vacancies/volunteers
Seamount volunteer English:
*https://www.darwinfoundation.org/images/vacantes/Oferta_vol_montes_submarinos_2019_ENG.pdf
<https://www.darwinfoundation.org/images/vacantes/Oferta_vol_montes_submarinos_2019_ENG.pdf>*
 Spanish:
*https://www.darwinfoundation.org/images/vacantes/Oferta_vol_montes_submarinos_2019_ESP.pdf
<https://www.darwinfoundation.org/images/vacantes/Oferta_vol_montes_submarinos_2019_ESP.pdf>*

Best,
*Salome Buglass*
•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸  ><((((º>
Marine Scientist - Investigatora Marina
Charles Darwin Foundation - Fundación Charles Darwin

Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Island, Galápagos - Ecuador
Office Phone: (+593)-5-2526-146/147 Ext. 164
website: salomebuglass.wordpress.com
Research:
https://openexplorer.nationalgeographic.com/expedition/exploringseamountsgalapagos
www.facebook.com/darwinfoundation