[Coral-List] Reef Restoration Masterclass

Nathan Cook nathan.cook at reefecologic.org
Fri Mar 29 04:22:12 UTC 2019

Dear Coral Listers

We would like to share with all the list members another hands-on reef
restoration opportunity in the Asia Pacific Region. Reef Ecologic in
partnership with Chulalongkorn University, Sasin Sustainability and
Entrepreneurship Center, Eco Koh Tao and Crystal Dive Resort will deliver
this exciting program. This Reef Restoration Masterclass is a short course
designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skills and tools required
to successfully and responsibly plan, assess and implement reef restoration
projects involving coral gardening. Underpinned by the latest research
findings, and built on a wealth of practical experience with coral
restoration and reef management, we have partnered with leading coral reef
experts to deliver a world-class training opportunity.

Reef Restoration Masterclass will provide technical instruction in addition
to hands on reef restoration training by industry experts including former
staff of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority and a founder of many
pioneering reef restoration projects in Thailand. Participants are expected
to acquire essential background knowledge provided by the online program
offered by the Reef Resilience Network prior to participation.

Run over 4 days, the Masterclass will involve a combination of discussions
but mostly focus on hands-on restoration activities to provide a collegial
and experience-based learning environment. A key component will be the
delivery of the online curriculum provided by the Reef Resilience Network to
ensure essential background knowledge and understanding prior to
participation.

Program details can be found at www.reefecologic.org/project/rrworkshop/
<http://www.reefecologic.org/project/rrworkshop/>

Not-For-Profit Program

There is a registration fee for this program. All contributions to this
course will pay for the delivery of this training program and the staff that
deliver it. Any excess will be contributed to conservation projects in
Thailand, where the course will operate.

About Reef Ecologic

Reef Ecologic is a registered company based in Townsville, Australia that
operates predominantly not for profit. There are no end of year profits
resulting in distribution of dividends or the like. We all get paid for the
work we do and that's pretty much it. Owners have collateral in assets and
brand which may be on-sold. We seek to encompass environmental stewardship
in all of its business endeavours, adopting a lifecycle perspective that
ensures complete sustainability. Reef Ecologic is an active contributor to
the Coral Restoration Consortium's many reef restoration working groups to
advance the knowledge and understanding in the reef restoration space.
www.reefecologic.org <http://www.reefecologic.org>

For more details email nathan.cook at reefecologic.org
<mailto:nathan.cook at reefecologic.org>

Nathan Cook M.Sc