[Coral-List] New layer added to the Allen Coral Atlas

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Wed May 1 23:33:10 UTC 2019

Sharing news from one of the projects I currently work on.

The team at the Allen Coral Atlas has added a new layer to the platform. This new layer is NOAA’s Coral Reef Watch which provides satellite-based sea surface temperature (SST)
The new layer allows us to switch between coral reef maps and existing SST measurements and track SST trends in different regions. It also opens the future opportunity to quantify how SST trends impact specific coral reefs over time, as we keep building the Atlas platform and expand mapping efforts.
More details here

https://allencoralatlas.org/blog/atlas-adds-another-layer/

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.
Twitter: @GrouperDoc