[Coral-List] Acropora millepora genome paper

Miller, David david.miller at jcu.edu.au
Fri May 3 03:32:47 UTC 2019

Dear Coral List-ers

Acropora millepora has been one of the most extensively studied corals at the molecular level, therefore our recently published genome sequence (Ying et al., in press to Genome Biology and Evolution; https://academic.oup.com/gbe/advance-article/doi/10.1093/gbe/evz077/5480306) may be of interest to some of you. The genome was assembled from >200-fold coverage of short-read data, and the genome and gene predictions are of similar quality as the recent NCBI-version 2.0 of the A. digitifera genome.

The process of finalising and publishing the assembly has been substantially delayed due to the untimely death of Sylvain Forêt, a brilliant young bioinformatician who made an enormous contribution to the field of marine genomics and to the lives of many of us.

We have provided a browser (http://coralreefgenomes.jcu.edu.au/) to facilitate access to the A. millepora data, and hope that you and the community find the genome to be a useful addition to the growing body of molecular data available for reef organisms.

Cheers

David J Miller on behalf of the authors

Prof David J Miller
Academic Head, Molecular and Cell Biology
and ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
James Cook University
Townsville 4811
Australia

Phone: 0747-814473