[Coral-List] Last call for ecological genomics workshops in FL Keys

Mikhail Matz matz at utexas.edu
Wed May 8 16:17:41 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues -  last call for genomics workshops "for the uninitiated", which will happen in the first two weeks of July 2019 in the Florida Keys - please see short description below.  We have two seats left for popgen (July 2-9) and one seat for gene expression (July 9-16).
More details (including contacts, costs, and how to register) can be found on the workshop's website: https://ecogeno.weebly.com/ <https://ecogeno.weebly.com/>
please spread the word!

Misha Matz
Professor, University of Texas at Austin
Methods in Ecological Genomics Analysis (MEGA 2019) organizer and instructor-in-chief
https://ecogeno.weebly.com <https://ecogeno.weebly.com/>
-------
1. July 2-9, 2019: Population genomics using low-coverage data.
Wet lab: preparation of 2bRAD libraries.
Dry lab:
	- read processing using HPC computer cluster;
	- population structure and plotting it on the map;
	- demographic analysis based on allele frequency spectra;
	- genome scanning for signatures of selection.
Throughout the workshop we will use probabilistic genotyping with ANGSD, which is designed for low-coverage data.

-------
2. July 9-16, 2019: Functional genomics and gene expression network analysis with TagSeq.
Wet lab: preparation of TagSeq libraries
Dry lab:
	- read processing using HPC computer cluster ;
	- analysis of broad-scale patterns;
	- finding differentially expressed genes using generalized linear models;
	- functional summaries based on gene ontology (GO) and eukaryotic orthologous groups (KOG)
	- gene co-expression network analysis
-------