[Coral-List] Carbon offsetting

Holger Anlauf holger.anlauf.mb at gmail.com
Fri May 10 12:53:00 UTC 2019

Dear Emma,

I can recommend to you www.seacology.org , which has conducted many projects on islands around the globe with the aim of protecting high  biodiversity areas and providing renewable energy sources to local community. Personally I like the high percentage of the donations that are used in the projects and that the projects often involve indigenous communities.

The biggest project by Seacology has been to assist Sri Lanka in protecting its entire mangrove forests.

The US webpage does not provide a carbon offset calculator but the German webpage does (https://www.seacology.de/support-us/#support-us-co2rechner). You could use the translate option of your Browser to get and estimate of the carbon offset for your conservation efforts.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Holger Anlauf, PhD