[Coral-List] newest research on effects of sun screen on corals

Ulrike Pfreundt upfreundt at gmail.com
Mon May 20 13:56:37 UTC 2019

Dear coral listers,

I have to give a small (written) interview regarding the effects of
sunscreen on corals for Swiss media.
It is really important to me to use this opportunity to really educate
people about more urgent threats to the reefs and also to create some
awareness for how multifaceted the reef crisis is.

However, I will have to give some concrete answers as to which ingredients
are the "most harmful", and why it is harming the corals. Since I know that
it was (or is) really debated how deleterious sunscreen really is in situ,
I'd love your comments.
I'd be grateful for any paper suggestions on the matter from those of you
who may work on the issue themselves or are well informed about it.

Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Ulrike