[Coral-List] Bionic 3D printed corals

Daniel Wangpraseurt wangpraseurt at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 10 16:20:49 UTC 2019

Dear listers,

I wanted to share with you the results of our newest study where we
developed a 3D bioprinting platform for corals. In the present study we
have created living coral tissue and skeleton mimics that can copy natural
corals with micron scale resolution incl. their optical and mechanical
properties. The hybrid living tissue can grow a range of microalgae under
in vivo like conditions. We hope that this will trigger exciting
collaborations in coral-algal symbiosis research and lead to the
development of disruptive technologies for coral reef conservation.

The link to the preprint can be found here:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337140379_Bionic_3D_printed_corals

If you are interested to learn more about the work, please contact me
directly:
wangpraseurt at gmail.com

Thanks
Daniel

----
Dr. Daniel Wangpraseurt, Marie Curie Fellow
Bioinspired photonics group, University of Cambridge

University of Cambridge
Department of Chemistry
Lensfield Road
CB2 1 EW,