[Coral-List] New Netflix Oceans series

Ruth Harries rharries at wildspaceproductions.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 10:53:10 UTC 2019

Dear Coral list,

I hope this email finds you well.

I'm contacting you from Wild Space Productions, a Bristol, UK - based TV
production company.

Wild Space, in collaboration with Freeborne Media, has just begun
production of a major new series for Netflix entitled “Oceans”.

>From the team that Produced “Blue Planet II”, “Oceans” is an ambitious
blue-chip natural history series that will tell the stories of the oceans
of our planet through the experiences of the remarkable creatures that call
them home. Across six distinct episodes, the series will reveal the
surprising wonders of our planet's greatest habitats and the new
discoveries that are giving us a new understanding of our oceans in today's
world.

We're currently in the early stages of development and looking for amazing,
new marine science stories to include in the series. As with Blue Planet
II, we're looking to capture awe-inspiring sequences, immersing audiences
across the globe in the wonders of our marine realm and educating on the
creatures that live there and the growing challenges our oceans face.

If possible I'd love to put out a post onto Coral list. We feel it would be
a great way to reach out to coral scientists across the world to see if
anyone is focusing on any interesting research that they feel might make a
great story.

The post would be as follows:

**Looking for groundbreaking new animal behavior and marine science stories
for an ambitious new Ocean series for Netflix**

Across six astounding episodes, the series will reveal the surprising
wonders of our planet's great oceans and the stories of the remarkable
creatures that live within them, while also highlighting the growing
challenges they face.

If you are working on (or know of) exciting new marine research that you
think would make a great story, would look great on-screen and that the
world needs to know about, then we'd love to hear from you! Please contact
us at: oceanstories at wildspaceproductions.co.uk - Many thanks.

For more information on Wild Space Productions and the series announcement,
please visit our website: https://www.wildspaceproductions.co.uk/

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding my request and hopefully
seeing the post on 'Coral list'.

Many thanks and very best wishes,

Ruth harries

--