[Coral-List] Remost meetings

Richard Plate richarp33 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 16:01:03 UTC 2019

It seems to me that data posted to this list should always come with a
citation of the source in order to promote more productive discussion.

Regarding the number of coal-fired plants, a quick glance at the figure for
the United States makes me awfully skeptical of that data set.  A total of
15 coal-fired plants in the U.S.? That makes us look like heroes in the
effort to address climate change.

Here's a link to an EIA page that maps all the power plants by type:
https://www.eia.gov/electricity/data/eia860m/

I count 15 in Illinois alone. I agree it's scary, and the U.S. is a big
part of the problem.

-Richard Plate

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 11:30 AM Eugene Shinn via Coral-List <