[Coral-List] ICRS2020 and remote meetings

Abigail Cannon abigail.l.cannon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 16:10:01 UTC 2019

On a non-environmental, but academic justice note making conferences
remotely available would also make them more accessible to researchers and
students in developing countries who may have issues with both raising
enough funds to attend the conference and with getting a visa to be allowed
to attend the conference in person. I think this may also be especially
relevant when ICRS is being held in a wealthy temperate country with no
zooxanthellate reef-building corals.

-Abby

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 11:31 AM Annette Narzynski via Coral-List <

she/her/ella
PhD Scripps Institution of Oceanography