[Coral-List] Large international conference goes virtual

Bargar, Timothy A tbargar at usgs.gov
Fri Apr 10 12:29:27 UTC 2020

I rarely post anything to this group but felt this may be of interest given the considerable discussion about conducting the ICRS 2020 meeting virtually.  I honestly don't know the final outcome of that discussion, but the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) is giving it a try.

The European meeting of SETAC was slated to occur in Dublin (SETAC Dublin) in early May.  But given the travel restrictions due to COVID-19, SETAC Dublin has become SETAC SiCon (https://globe.setac.org/setac-dublin-becomes-setac-scicon/).  In two months, SETAC converted to what will be a totally virtual meeting.

I will be interested to see how it goes.