[Coral-List] Passing of Peter Gayle

Jim Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 22 16:34:48 UTC 2020

William,

I am very sorry to hear of this.  Peter helped us put up our ICON/CREWS
station at Discovery Bay, and one of my all time favorite underwater
photos was of him and me shaking hands underwater at the completion of
that installation.  He was a great big guy with a great big heart, and
always eager to help.  They'll have a hard time replacing him at
Discovery Bay.  The place just won't seem the same without him.

Jim