[Coral-List] Passing of Peter Gayle

Bonem, Rena Rena_Bonem at baylor.edu
Wed Apr 22 19:56:37 UTC 2020

I am sorry to learn of Peter's passing.  Peter was a wonderful person and an excellent diver.  He filled a vital role at DBML.  I first met him as a new dive master, served on his thesis committee and spent many hours with him in his various roles at the marine lab.  When I saw him at the Lab's 50th Anniversary, I suspected that his declining health would take him from us soon, but his infectious smile gave me hope that he would continue to be there.  He was a special person.

Rena Bonem
Emeritus Professor of Geology
Baylor University