[Coral-List] Coral-List mailing list submissions: # platform to identify coral out-plant habitat

yuy ai aileen.wenting.jiang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 11:23:30 UTC 2020

# platform to identify coral out-plant habitat

Finding good out-plant habitat for corals requires information about
different aspects of the site, especially the amount of sediment.

We are creating a pilot platform (with a focus on one geographic location)
that displays the sedimentation score for each potential out-plant habitat,
based on the aggregated amount of sediment extracted from current and
historical satellite imagery. This will enable the NGOs to identify the
good out-plant habitat easily.

We are a team of developer/GIS experts/data scientist passionate about
using technology and data-driven methods on sustainability problems. To
tackle this challenge, we still need support especially thematic know-how
and feedbacks to improve our analysis. If you’d like to know more about
this pilot project or support us with your domain knowledge, please feel
free to get in touch with us at coraladies at gmail.com.

Best regards,
Coraladies team