[Coral-List] Fwd: JOB OPPORTUNITY: Oceanographer, ZP-1360-4, NESDIS, Satellite Applications and Research (STAR)

Mark Eakin - NOAA Federal mark.eakin at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 6 21:55:01 UTC 2020

Dear Coral Community,

As many of you are aware, I will be retiring from Federal service at the end of this year. NOAA/NESDIS/STAR is seeking someone with expertise in corals, climate change, oceanography, and/or remote sensing/satellite monitoring to fill the position as Coral Reef Watch Coordinator and Lead Scientist for Coral Reefs in STAR.

The wheels of Federal hiring turn very slowly. STAR has two options for filling this position. The first is the attached announcement for an Oceanographer position in STAR. This announcement is a general hiring opportunity for a scientific lead in ocean remote sensing. If STAR finds the candidate they are seeking for the Coral Reef Watch position through this opportunity, they will not have to issue a more targeted hiring action for Coral Reef Watch later.

If you or someone you know would like to lead the next exciting phase of Coral Reef Watch’s program, please apply through this job opportunity.

Stay well,
Mark

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Tonya Young - NOAA Federal <tonya.young at noaa.gov>
> Subject: JOB OPPORTUNITY: Oceanographer, ZP-1360-4, NESDIS, Satellite Applications and Research (STAR)
> Date: August 6, 2020 at 9:02:52 AM EDT
> To: _NESDIS STAR ALL <nesdis.star.all at noaa.gov>
>
> Good Morning,
>
> The NOAA/NESDIS Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR) is recruiting an Oceanographer for its Satellite Oceanography and Climatology Division (SOCD).
>
> Title:  Oceanographer
> Series/Grade:  ZP-1360-4
>
> Opens:  8/6/2020
> Closes:  8/19/2020
>
> Vacancy Announcement Information:
>
> NSDIS-STAR-2020-0009 (MAP) https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575508400 <https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575508400>
>
> NSDIS-STAR-2020-0010 (DE)  https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575508100 <https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575508100>
>
> The vacancy can be located via USAJOBS <http://www.usajobs.gov/> (search by the vacancy number) or by using the embedded link above.
>
> If assistance is needed with the USAJOBS application process and what to include in a resume, refer to USAJOBS' Help Center on this topic <https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/application/documents/resume/what-to-include/>.
>
> USAJOBS' Help Center also has information on Working in Government <https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/>, which may be beneficial to applicants.
>

> Tonya Young
> NOAA/NESDIS/STAR
> 5830 University Research Ct. Suite 2605
> College Park, Maryland 20740
> (301) 683- 3493

C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D. (he, him, his)
Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov
Twitter: @CoralReefWatch	FB: Coral Reef Watch

NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction (NCWCP)
5830 University Research Ct., E/RA32
College Park, MD 20740
Office: (301) 683-3320     Fax: (301) 683-3301
Mobile: (301) 502-8608    SOCD Office: (301) 683-3300

“Climate change is a global problem with grave implications...It represents one of the principal challenges facing humanity in our day."
Pope Francis, Laudato Si June 18 2015