[Coral-List] New paper on heritability of thermal tolerance in A cervicornis

Kelsey Yetsko klyetsko at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:01:11 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

We wanted to share our recent paper in MEPS, "Genetic differences in
thermal tolerance among colonies of threatened coral *Acropora cervicornis*:
potential for adaptation to increasing temperature" (
https://www.int-res.com/abstracts/meps/v646/p45-68/). We found high broad
sense heritability in thermal tolerance among 20 colonies sourced from the
Coral Restoration Foundation, which is promising in terms of their ability
to adapt to increasing temperatures. We also identified 40 genes that were
associated with thermal tolerance and were highly consistent between the 3
most tolerant and 3 most susceptible colonies used in our study. If you
have any questions, please reach out to myself (klyetsko at gmail.com) or Dr.
Matthew Gilg (mgilg at unf.edu).

Thank you,

Kelsey Yetsko

MS Biology, University of North Florida
Ph.D. Student, Environmental Epigenetics Lab, Florida International
University