[Coral-List] A Swim Through Time on Carysfort Reef; EFFORT TO ASSEMBLE A LIST OF REMAINING HEALTHY CARIBBEAN CORAL REEFS

Charles Delbeek cdelbeek at calacademy.org
Tue Aug 11 14:37:40 UTC 2020

Very sad to see the state of this reef. I dove Carysfort a few times in
1973 and 1974 out of Key Largo with American Diving Headquarters as a young
lad of 16, it was the longest trip of the reefs we dove to so we only went
a couple of times but still remember the fields of A. palmata all around
the lighthouse.

Best regards,

*J. Charles Delbeek, M.Sc.*Curator, Steinhart Aquarium
California Academy of Sciences

Desk: 415.379.5303
Fax: 415.379.5304

*cdelbeek at calacademy.org <cdelbeek at calacademy.org>*www.calacademy.org

55 Music Concourse Dr.

Golden Gate Park

San Francisco CA 94118

The mission of the California Academy
of Sciences is to explore, explain, and
sustain life. Learn more <https://www.calacademy.org/> about our work.

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/calacademy> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/calacademy> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/calacademy/>

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 6:52 AM Risk, Michael via Coral-List <