[Coral-List] Turbulence and Coral Reefs - a new review article

Kristen Davis davis at uci.edu
Mon Aug 17 20:34:09 UTC 2020

Hi Coral Reefers,

I wanted to bring your attention to a new review article just released in advanced version here: https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/10.1146/annurev-marine-042120-071823 <https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/10.1146/annurev-marine-042120-071823>

The interaction of coral reefs, both chemically and physically, with the surrounding seawater is governed, at the smallest scales, by turbulence. In this article, we review recent progress in understanding turbulence in the unique setting of coral reefs—how it influences flow and the exchange of mass and momentum both above and within the complex geometry of coral reef canopies.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or cannot gain access to the article.

Best regards,
Kristen
Kristen Davis, Associate Professor
Civil & Environmental Engineering &