[Coral-List] Ocean Sewage Pollution Series: Understanding Sewage Impacts in Hawai’i Webinar

Maritza Arizaga maritza.arizaga at TNC.ORG
Tue Dec 15 18:45:26 UTC 2020

Hello Coral List,

Please join the Reef Resilience Network for a webinar in our Ocean Sewage Pollution Series about Understanding Sewage Impacts in Hawai’i .

Reef managers and scientists in Hawai'i will share about ways to uncover and understand what is in our water. Dr. Dan Amato from the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa will present about statewide efforts identifying and mapping impacts of sewage pollution to guide a cesspool removal process. Dr. Kim Falinski from The Nature Conservancy Hawai'i will share about community-scale research to understand wastewater impacts and which areas should be prioritized for management action. We’ll also learn about the State's Cesspool Conversion Working Group efforts to incorporate state-of-the-art science into a planning and decision-making process from Michael Mezzacapo with Hawai'i Sea Grant and the University of Hawai'i Water Resources Research Center. Presentations will be followed by discussion.

Date & Time: December 17, 2020; 6:00-7:00 PM EST
Register Here: https://bit.ly/Hawaii_Sewage<https://bit.ly/Hawaii_Sewage?fbclid=IwAR216zh81TdQE0vInvvaDcu6LFxE5TXLobnTWmctcmYtg_UYhkLaPTCEvso>

I hope you can join us!

Maritza Arizaga
Reef Resilience Network – The Nature Conservancy