[Coral-List] Database for coral/symbiont genomic/transcriptomic resources

sarah davies daviessw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 21:06:19 UTC 2020

Hi Coral-List,

I hope this email finds you well.

Have you ever thought to yourself "I wonder if anyone is sequencing
coral/symbiont genome/transcriptome XX?" If so, you're not alone! Given the
fast pace of sequencing and the many exciting projects underway all over
the world, we think that it is high time to set up a one stop shop where we
can all learn about these efforts.

The Coral Restoration Consortium's (CRC) Genetics Working Group has created
a simple database for coral/symbiont genomic/transcriptomic resources that
are available or under development. Any team that wants to volunteer
information about the species they are working on and provide an ETA for
when their data will be released (or a link to wherever it's hosted) is
welcome to add this information.

We will eventually be collaborating with reefgenomics.org who has agreed to
host the list/database. For now, this effort exists as a googledoc, with
the goal of ensuring efforts are not duplicated and that researchers and
practitioners can easily find the data they need (or know if it is in
progress as to avoid duplicating efforts).

We welcome ideas/suggestions on ways to make this sheet more usable for the
community. We look forward to your contributions!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iAzApBKAV-7L9P6-dfuoGONkwR3lHDVEODyqv5AQG68/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers
Sarah Davies and John Parkinson
on behalf of the CRC Genetics Working Group
https://crc.reefresilience.org/

--
Sarah W. Davies M.Sc. Ph.D.
she/her/hers