[Coral-List] Comparative biology and ecology of apicomplexans and dinoflagellates

Thomas Krueger tk556 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 12 12:03:45 UTC 2020

Something which might also be of interest for the coral community,

Dear Colleagues,

Given your interest in either apicomplexan biology, dinoflagellate
biology, or both, we wanted to alert you to this meeting, */From
Parasites to Plankton and Back: comparative biology and ecology of
//apicomplexans// and dinoflagellates/*, to be held this September at
the Roscoff Marine Station
<http://www.sb-roscoff.fr/en/research-and-training-centre-marine-biology-and-oceanography/research>,
France.

Conferences Jacques Monod have supported this meeting to foster greater
interaction, knowledge exchange, and exploitation of the shared biology
between these two important biological systems. As biologists who have
worked at the interface between marine biology and parasitology in both
phyla, we see this as an exciting and otherwise unique opportunity for
these fields to meet. We think that there is great potential for these
two communities to learn from and contribute to one another, and that it
will be an exciting meeting.

We hope that either you, your postdocs and/or your students would be
interested in participating. Participant number is limited to 115
(including invited speakers), and the registration deadline is May 4th.

Please pass this along to other relevant colleagues also.

Hope to see you in Roscoff,
Ross Waller and Laure Guillou

--

*--*

*Thomas Krueger */Research Associate/

Waller Lab | Department of Biochemistry | University of Cambridge

*P: *+44 (0)1223 768942