[Coral-List] OceansOnline still accepting abstracts: Join us to discuss online tools and marine science and conservation in Germany!

David Shiffman david.shiffman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 16:06:32 UTC 2020

Hello, friends!

The Third OceansOnline will take place in Kiel, Germany this August as part
of the International Marine Conservation Congress. IMCC is the world's
largest scientific meeting focusing on marine conservation biology and
policy, bringing together academics, environmentalists, educators, and
policymakers from all over the world. OceansOnline focuses on how these
groups can use online tools to help with science, advocacy and public
outreach.

OceansOnline abstracts are due February 24th, a week from Monday!

We are looking for three types of abstracts:

1) Facilitated discussions: These informal discussion-based events will be
led by an expert or group of experts, but will focus on audience
discussion. These can be about any general topic related to ocean science
or conservation and how online tools can help.

2) Workshops: These hands-on one-hour training sessions focus on teaching
an audience how to use a specifical technical tool

3) Tools demonstrations: These are 15 minutes in lenght, and focus on
showcasing a particular online tool without including a training session or
extensive audience discussion.

Please help us to spread the word, and submit your abstracts by February
24th! Please let me know if you have any questions for me!  Submit
abstracts and learn more here:
https://conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc6/oceansonline/oo-call/

Sincerely,
--

*David Shiffman, Ph.D. *
Marine Conservation Biologist, Scientific and Environmental Consultant, and

*e: *david.shiffman at gmail.com | *t: *@WhySharksMatter
<http://twitter.com/#!/WhySharksMatter> |
*b: *Southern Fried Science Blog <http://www.southernfriedscience.com/> |
*cv:*