[Coral-List] OceansOnline abstracts due March 9th

David Shiffman david.shiffman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 15:12:44 UTC 2020

Hello, everyone!

OceansOnline abstracts are due March 9th! If you'd like to join us in Kiel,
Germany this summer for a day after the International Marine Conservation
Congress to discuss how online tools and social media can be used to help
marine scientists, conservationists, and educators, there are still a
couple weeks to get your abstract in!

OceansOnline is an optional add-on to IMCC, the world's largest gathering
of marine conservation scientists and practitioners. We are looking for
three types of abstracts:

1) Facilitated discussions. You will guide an hour-long group discussion on
a broad concept related to marine science or conservation outreach using
online tools, which can focus on a specific example.

2) Workshops. These hour-long hands on workshops focus on you teaching the
audience a technical skill.

3) Tools demonstrations: these 15 minute talks let you showcase an online
tool.

More information, including how to submit, can be found here:
https://conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc6/oceansonline/oo-call/

Please consider submitting an abstract, please spread the word to
interested colleagues, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
--

*David Shiffman, Ph.D. *
Marine Conservation Biologist, Scientific and Environmental Consultant, and

*e: *david.shiffman at gmail.com | *t: *@WhySharksMatter
<http://twitter.com/#!/WhySharksMatter> |
*b: *Southern Fried Science Blog <http://www.southernfriedscience.com/> |
*cv:*