[Coral-List] Post-doctoral Researcher in Ecological Modeling and Marine Ecosystem Services in Brazil

Carlos Eduardo Leite Ferreira carlosferreira at id.uff.br
Thu Jan 23 20:14:43 UTC 2020

*Post-doctoral Researcher in Ecological Modeling and Marine Ecosystem
Services*

*Call*

Are you interested in ecosystem functions, services and the responses of
biodiversity to global change? You also feel like tackling relevant
questions in your work, and improve people’s livelihood? You have always
wanted to work with marine ecosystems, especially reefs? All of this is
possible within our project “*Brazilian reefs in the Anthropocene*”. See
attached how to apply and work with us.

P.I. Prof. Mariana Bender, Department of Ecology and Evolution, UFSM
Co-P.I. Prof. Sergio Floeter, Department of Ecology and Zoology, UFSC

*Project and position summary*

The project “Brazilian reef systems in the Anthropocene: estimating the
impacts of biodiversity loss on marine ecosystem functioning and services
to improve future management and livelihood” is part of SinBiose (
www.sinbiose.cnpq.br), the first ecological synthesis center in Brazil. The
project working group includes 19 researchers and managers from Brazilian,
European and American institutions. In this project we will unify extensive
datasets collected systematically for reef organisms (fish and benthos)
across varying spatial and temporal scales in Brazil.

The project aims to (i) deliver an integrative synthesis about the
distribution of reef biodiversity and the ecosystem services they provide
along the Brazilian coast, (ii) model the responses and future trajectories
of Brazilian reef communities to global change (e.g. rising SST), (iii)
assess the effectiveness of the Brazilian network Marine Protected Areas
(MPAs) in safeguarding and offering services to local human populations.

Post-doctoral researcher will manage large datasets, conduct data analysis,
participate in working group meetings and lead several research articles.
See link bellow.

https://benderlab.weebly.com/post-doc-position.html

--
Carlos E. L. Ferreira, Dr.
Lab. de Ecologia e Conservação de Ambientes Recifais
Email: ca <cadu at vm.uff.br>rlosferreira at id.uff.br
www.lecar.uff.br
www.researcherid.com/rid/J-2571-2012