[Coral-List] New Maps in Allen Coral Atlas

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 28 23:47:08 UTC 2020

Dear Coral-Listers

posting on behalf of my colleagues at Vulcan Inc.

If you have any questions please contact

support at allencoralatlas.org

Message:

Vulcan is proud to announce a significant new addition of maps to the AllenCoralAtlas.org website. We have just released a huge new set of maps in the South West Pacific region including Vanuatu, Tonga, New Caledonia, the Samoas and Niue. We've updated the previously mapped Fiji data as well. You can browse the whole region here: https://allencoralatlas.org/atlas/#5.81/-15.2256/178.0000

One of the highlights is Mata'utu in the Wallis and Futuna area. Super complex habitat, a TON of coral. https://allencoralatlas.org/atlas/#12.16/-13.2918/-176.2060

We welcome your feedback of course and would love to hear how our maps and data will help your work.

Please know also we are working hard to get the rest of the world mapped over the coming year or so. To date we have mapped (benthic and geomorphic):
Central Great Barrier Reef
Heron Island
Mo'orea, French Polynesia
Karimunjawa, Indonesia