[Coral-List] July 9 Coral Collaboration Seminar - Stony Coral Tissues Loss Disease in the USVI

Nohora Galvis icri.colombia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 16:07:15 UTC 2020

Dear Robin,

I know most of the corals affected by the SCTLD are massive colonies, and
most of the restoration projects are focused on breaking- pasting braching
coral colonies. However, it would be interesting to discuss about the
following questions.

1. Have you identify causes of SCTLD?

2. Can restoration programs in areas with the disease may increase
morbility,  or be successful without controlling other local threats?

3.  Are fragments and fragmented coral colonies more susceptible to coral
diseases. It would be great to have survivorship rates and other statistics
comparing control coral reefs, original colonies and fragments:

4. Hurricanes and Global warming have diminished restoration success in
your área?

5. Would you advice to improve coral reef conservation effectiveness? Since
prevention is better than curing a disease.

Nohora Galvis
coral Reefs Observatory
Twitter @ArrecifesCoral @ICRIcolombia
Facebook.com/ICRI.COLOMBIA