[Coral-List] ICRS 2021 - Call for Abstracts - Opening Announcement

ICRS 2021 Conference Secretariat office at icrs2021.de
Tue Jul 14 19:31:50 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

It is a great pleasure to announce the opening of the new Call for
Abstracts for the 14th International Coral Reef Symposium (ICRS 2021),
to be held in Bremen, Germany, 18-23 July 2021.

On 31 March, we published the inevitable decision to postpone ICRS
2020 to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of this significant
delay by a whole year, the scientific program for ICRS 2021 will
require an important content update at the abstract level.
Fortunately, 99% of all sessions planned for the ICRS 2020 have been
confirmed for the 2021 session program by the responsible chairs.

As the next step, today (15 July 2020) we launch a new and open Call
for Abstracts. It allows on the one hand updating the current
presentation program with the latest findings, and on the other hand
new submissions to all sessions. Abstracts already accepted for ICRS
2020 may retain their acceptance and final presentation assignment
(oral or poster) for ICRS 2021, BUT must be resubmitted under the new
call.

We want ICRS 2021 to be as diverse and productive as coral reefs and
we invite everyone to join us in ‘Tackling the challenging future of
coral reefs’!

The scientific program of ICRS 2021 comprises 97 selected sessions in
15 themes aimed at covering the broad spectrum of topics and
disciplines of the global coral reef community.

Please take a look at the many excellent sessions included and submit
or resubmit your abstract!
http://www.icrs2021.de/program/session-program/

Abstracts can be (re-)submitted online until 15 September 2020.

All information about this call and how to submit your abstract can be
found here: www.icrs2021.de/program/call-for-abstracts/

We look forward to receiving your contributions and to welcoming you
in Bremen!

Further information and all updates can be found at www.icrs2021.de

Thank you and kind regards,
Christian Wild (ICRS 2021 Chairman)
Malik Naumann (ICRS 2021 Project Coordinator)