[Coral-List] Global Seagrass Report

Gabriel Grimsditch gabriel.grimsditch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 15:19:58 UTC 2020

Dear coral friends,

I am happy to share with you a global report and accompanying materials on
the importance of seagrass ecosystems to people and environment: a
collaboration between the United Nations Environmnent Programme,
GRID-Arendal, the World Conservation Monitoring Centre, and 33 of the
world’s leading seagrass scientists who have co-authored it. Along with the
main report, we are releasing several accompanying materials including
executive summaries in all UN languages, a foresight brief, a community
manual, a StoryMap and a short video. Please do share these in your
networks to raise the profile of this important but often under-appreciated
coastal ecosystem, and an ecosystem which is often found in close
connectivity with the coral reefs that we love.

*Main report and summaries in UN languages:*
https://www.unenvironment.org/resources/report/out-blue-value-seagrasses-environment-and-people

*Foresight brief:* https://wesr.unep.org/foresight

*A manual for communities interested in seagrass projects:*
https://www.unenvironment.org/resources/toolkits-manuals-and-guides/protecting-seagrass-through-payments-ecosystem-services

*StoryMap:* https://url.grida.no/UNSeagrassSM

Thank you and best wishes,

*Gabriel Grimsditch *

Programme Management Officer

Marine and Freshwater Branch

Ecosystems Division

*UN Environment Programme*

UN Compound, Gigiri, PO Box 67578, Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: +254 20 762 5025

Email: gabriel.grimsditch at un.org

Twitter: @GabrielGrims

Skype: gabriel.grimsditch