[Coral-List] OTEC around coral reefs

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Mon Jun 22 15:51:01 UTC 2020

Is there more information on the depth from which water will be sourced.
Looking at the marginal charts I could find on line, the temperatures may
not be as cold as at 5,000 meters north of St. Croix, but, as Alina stated,
the goal is typically to bring up colder deep waters... and these typically
carry LOTS of nutrients. They looked at this on St Croix eons ago
specifically to bring up nutrients for onshore aquaria to raise shrimp at a
University of Texas facility on the north shore. To draw from the old Jimmy
Buffet classics, these "scientists" were "running from the IRS".

Dennis

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 10:08 AM Melbourne Briscoe via Coral-List <