[Coral-List] OTEC at Guam

Charles Delbeek cdelbeek at calacademy.org
Fri Jun 26 14:46:01 UTC 2020

There is an OTEC facility on the Big Island of Hawaii that has been in
operation for over 30 years. It was the success of this pilot plant that
led to the plans for the operation on Oahu but then oil prices dropped and
it was deemed not to be financially viable to build and operate since the
electricity it generated could not be competitively priced. Talk about poor
foresight given today's oil prices.

*J. Charles Delbeek, M.Sc.*Curator, Steinhart Aquarium
California Academy of Sciences

Desk: 415.379.5303
Fax: 415.379.5304

*cdelbeek at calacademy.org <cdelbeek at calacademy.org>*www.calacademy.org

55 Music Concourse Dr.

Golden Gate Park

San Francisco CA 94118

The mission of the California Academy
of Sciences is to explore, explain, and
sustain life. Learn more <https://www.calacademy.org/> about our work.

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/calacademy> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/calacademy> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/calacademy/>

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 5:50 AM Steve Coles via Coral-List <