[Coral-List] Peter Glynn Retirement Symposium at the University of Miami: Monday March 9th - livestream available

Baker, Andrew abaker at rsmas.miami.edu
Fri Mar 6 04:26:16 UTC 2020

Dear coral-listers

The University of Miami is proud to host a symposium to celebrate the career of our very own Professor Peter Glynn, to be held in the Auditorium of the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) on Monday March 9th from 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5:00).

The symposium highlights Peter's research and explorations of coral reefs that stretch over eight decades (1950s to 2020s), with a particular focus on his contributions to the study of eastern tropical Pacific coral reefs, coral bleaching, and reef ecology.

We have a fantastic line up of speakers that features collaborators and former students from Peter's long career, and we will be live-streaming the Symposium so that everyone who is not within striking distance of Miami can attend the talks remotely.

Peter is a past recipient (1992) of the International Coral Reef Society's Darwin Medal, and we thought this symposium would be of interest to many subscribers of coral-list.

More details on the symposium, including the agenda of speakers and a tribute to Peter's career, can be found here<https://marine-biology-ecology.rsmas.miami.edu/peter-glynn-symposium/index.html>.

We will be live-streaming all the talks at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKqugQAYqS0&feature=youtu.be - the link goes live at 7am EST on Monday morning, with the first talk beginning at 8:30am EST.

All are welcome to attend, either remotely or in-person.

Andrew Baker, Bernhard Riegl, Derek Manzello, and Ian Enochs
(Local Organizing Committee)

Andrew C. Baker, M.A. (Cantab.), Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Marine Biology and Ecology
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
University of Miami
4600 Rickenbacker Cswy.
Miami, FL 33149, USA
e: abaker at rsmas.miami.edu<mailto:abaker at rsmas.miami.edu> | o: +1 (305) 421 4642