[Coral-List] coral list coral survey to researchers from Sophia University

E T mertz.em at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 05:44:36 UTC 2020

Dear Moderator,

Please see below my email submission to the mailing list for your
consideration. I would appreciate it very much if it could go out to the
list since I need to reach as many coral researchers as possible for my
survey in support of my PHD research. Any questions are welcome.

Thank you for your time,

Edith Mertz

------------------------

Greeting from Tokyo to everyone!

I am a PHD student at Sophia University in Japan, investigating the
perceptions of professionals on coral reef restoration and research, and
the future of corals globally. I am conducting a short survey (10
questions) trying to understand the outlooks that professionals have for
corals in our world.

I am not only investigating perceptions but also looking to learn as much
as possible about what work has been done in the field and how institutions
and governments can do better to save corals globally.

If you have done any work in coral restoration please be so kind as to take
5 minutes to answer my short survey. Please follow this link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3VYQHHM

The survey forms part of the initial step of my study. I would like to
undertake more in depth interviews with coral experts to gain an
understanding of the complex challenges researchers face in the field of
coral restoration and research within the current global context of climate
change. I am also seeking to contact professionals who might be willing to
chat some more about their experiences over Skype, phone or communicate
further via email. Please consider letting me know if you or anyone you
know could support my research in the in depth phase of the study.

The goal of my research is to collate knowledge about the challenges the
coral restoration research field faces and develop solutions to further the
conservation of our world's natural resources.

I’d like to thank you deeply in advance for your time.

Edith Mertz

--

*Edith Mertz*

Cell:   +81-70-4443-8864  (Japan)