[Coral-List] ICRS Travel & Pre-registration

Mark Eakin - NOAA Federal mark.eakin at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 10 13:26:18 UTC 2020

Just wondering if other agencies and universities are running into travel freezes? Our part of NOAA has put an indefinite hold on all international travel and is now only allowing mission-essential domestic travel. Conferences are not mission-essential.

The University of Maryland just issued:
All university-related international travel is not permitted.
All personal international travel is strongly discouraged.
All university-related, non-essential, out-of-state domestic travel is not permitted.
We strongly urge extreme caution and judgment for your personal domestic mass transit travel. Take into account the possibility of travel delays or the potential need for self-isolation in the future.
Guests traveling from or through countries with a Warning Level 3 travel advisory <https://maestro.listserv.umd.edu/trk/click?ref=zvb24p867_2-1eaex3212ax027012&> for COVID-19 from the CDC should postpone their visits to campus.

With this in mind, we will certainly not be signing up for early-bird registration.

What are others encountering?

Cheers,
Mark

C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov
Twitter: @CoralReefWatch	FB: Coral Reef Watch

NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction (NCWCP)
5830 University Research Ct., E/RA32
College Park, MD 20740
Office: (301) 683-3320     Fax: (301) 683-3301
Mobile: (301) 502-8608    SOCD Office: (301) 683-3300

“We can’t condemn our kids and grandkids to a planet that’s beyond fixing.”
President Barack Obama, August 1, 2015