[Coral-List] ICRS Travel & Pre-registration

Gal Eyal gal4596 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 05:23:56 UTC 2020

Same as for the University of Queensland (Australia), no international
travel until further notice... and it has come from the University's travel
insurer, so I guess it is the same for most of the Australian institutions.
Cheers and health,
Gal

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 3:59 AM Mark Eakin - NOAA Federal via Coral-List <

> Just wondering if other agencies and universities are running into travel
> freezes? Our part of NOAA has put an indefinite hold on all international
> travel and is now only allowing mission-essential domestic travel.
> Conferences are not mission-essential.
>
> The University of Maryland just issued:
> All university-related international travel is not permitted.
> All personal international travel is strongly discouraged.
> All university-related, non-essential, out-of-state domestic travel is not
> permitted.
> We strongly urge extreme caution and judgment for your personal domestic
> mass transit travel. Take into account the possibility of travel delays or
> the potential need for self-isolation in the future.
> Guests traveling from or through countries with a Warning Level 3 travel
> advisory <
> https://maestro.listserv.umd.edu/trk/click?ref=zvb24p867_2-1eaex3212ax027012&>
> for COVID-19 from the CDC should postpone their visits to campus.
>
> With this in mind, we will certainly not be signing up for early-bird
> registration.
>
> What are others encountering?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

> C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
> Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
> National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
> Center for Satellite Applications and Research
> Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
> e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
> url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov
> Twitter: @CoralReefWatch        FB: Coral Reef Watch
>
> NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction (NCWCP)
> 5830 University Research Ct., E/RA32
> College Park, MD 20740
> Office: (301) 683-3320     Fax: (301) 683-3301
> Mobile: (301) 502-8608    SOCD Office: (301) 683-3300
>
> “We can’t condemn our kids and grandkids to a planet that’s beyond fixing.”
> President Barack Obama, August 1, 2015

Gal Eyal
Marine Palaeoecology Lab | School of Biological Sciences | ARC Centre of
Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
The University of Queensland, QLD 4072, Australia
&
The Mina & Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University,
Israel
Mobile Australia: +61-(0)434090490
Mobile Israel: +972-(0)507384422
Office phone: +61-(0)733659154