[Coral-List] Stop flying????!

Ehsan KAYAL ehsan.kayal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:16:34 UTC 2020

It is so frustrating to see so many scientists not looking at the greater
picture when it comes to pollution and destruction of the environment, but
rather use a colonial mindset to impose ones own cultural preferences.
No Alina, going vegan will likely not change the current path toward
environmental collapse simply because the dominant socio-economic system
called capitalism that is focused on permanent growth will continue to
ravage the Earth in order to accumulate. The famous graph by T. Picketty &
colleagues that showed that the top 10% of humans (most scientists belong
to this group) are responsible for 50% of CO2 emission was based on the
overall lifestyle, including not only eating meat but also having
out-of-season food (like strawberries in winter), obtaining the latest
electronic toys (whose manufacture has required air & water pollution in
places like China and Vietnam who are later accused of that same
pollution), multiple yearly travels to exotic places, etc.
Therefore, thinking that a diet change is the one silver bullet that would
keep you to from changing your lifestyle and keep on consuming is beyond
self delusion.
Cheers,
___________________________________
Ehsan Kayal, PhD
Station Biologique de Roscoff
FR 2424 CNRS UPMC
Place Georges Teissier
CS 90074
29688 Roscoff Cedex
tel: (+33)298295646
ehsan.kayal at sb-roscoff.fr
This conversation is most likely monitored by the government
"Ignorance is a choice in the age of Internet" Robert Foster.

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 at 18:53, Alina Szmant via Coral-List <