[Coral-List] Actions on the climate crisis

Elinor Nadir elinornadir at mail.tau.ac.il
Thu Mar 12 17:21:15 UTC 2020

It's been extremely gratifying seeing everyone talk about the climate
crisis lately.
 However, instead of arguing about what personal actions are most effective
(though they are highly necessary), I think it's imperative we all realize
that what we need to do is advocate for change. Without widespread policy
changes, our personal actions will not be enough. So maybe it's high time
that coral scientists joined the growing movement of youth striking, or
activists like extinction rebellion (or a plethora of other active groups)
in going out to the streets and demanding change.
Communicating science to the public is also extremely important.
Politicians have proven that they will not enact change unless they are
forced to. So all of us have to do it.

We can't afford to sit this one out.