[Coral-List] Tracking MPAs

Diego Jimenez jimened at miamioh.edu
Thu Mar 12 23:54:01 UTC 2020

Hi coral listers!

I would love some help from this wonderful community.

I work for ocean conservation organizations SeaLegacy <https://www.sealegacy.org/> and Lonely Whale <https://www.lonelywhale.org/>. I’m conducting research on MPAs worldwide and trying to find the best source to learn and track the status of MPAs and the 30x30 goal. I’ve narrowed down my list to https://www.protectedplanet.net/marine <https://www.protectedplanet.net/marine> and http://www.mpatlas.org/map/mpas/ <http://www.mpatlas.org/map/mpas/>. Is either of these more up to date, and/or is there another source that this community recommends as the best source to track this information?

Thank you in advance for any help!!!
Diego