[Coral-List] Virtual Outreach by University of Miami Marine and Atmospheric Sciences

University of Miami RSMAS mps.rsmas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:39:14 UTC 2020

Good morning everyone,

We just wanted to pass on opportunities about our students at University of
Miami's Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. During these
times, we wanted to ensure that we are still getting the message out about
what we are doing at the University of Miami.

Graduate students from all departments of RSMAS have prepared 30-minute
interactive lessons for various demographics (Elementary School, Middle
School, High School, and General Public) on a topic related to their
research or marine and atmospheric science in general. *We are currently
offering digital/electronic options for outreach due to COVID-19 **[Skype,
FaceTime, Go-to-Meeting, Zoom].*

To request a visit, submit an “Off-Campus Tour Form” located on the
Rosenstiel Outreach

Website: https://www.rsmas.miami.edu/community-and-giving/outreach/
<https://www.rsmas.miami.edu/community-and-giving/outreach/index.html>

2020 - 2021 Students for Students Lessons

Lesson Title/TopicDemographic Available
  Elementary Middle High Public
Weather and Climate Change Yes Yes Yes Yes
Formation of Clouds Yes No No No
Local Impacts and Sustainability Yes No No No
Predicting the future: How to Build a Weather Forecast No Yes Yes No
El Nino and How it Affects Florida No Yes Yes Yes
Sub-seasonal Climate Variability and How it Affects Florida No Yes Yes Yes
Sea Level Rise and Climate Change and How it Affects Florida No Yes Yes Yes
Single Use Plastics: How to Transition to a Reusable Future Yes Yes No No
Climate and Global Change Yes Yes Yes Yes
Introduction to Ocean Waves Yes Yes No No
Remote Sensing for Earth Sciences No Yes Yes No
Bridging the Gap between Science and Tech: Programing No No Yes No
Ocean Density Experiments Yes Yes No No
Fossils No Yes Yes Yes
Biological Adaptation to Climate Change - Toadfish Yes Yes Yes Yes
What is a Marine Biologist Yes Yes Yes Yes
Hurricanes, Ocean (Spanish) Spring 2020 Yes Yes Yes Yes
Volcanos and Rocks (Spring 2020) No Yes No No
Any questions, please!

Sincerely,

Josh Coco, Ed. D.

Executive Director, Rosenstiel School