[Coral-List] ICRS 2020 POSTPONED - Information for participants

ICRS 2020 Conference Secretariat office at icrs2020.de
Tue Mar 31 19:59:22 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

Since the beginning of March, we all have been faced with the very
dynamic and global spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Based
on developments in Germany and worldwide, we do not want to risk
supporting the spread of COVID-19 by the symposium. We also recognize
that the likelihood of travel restrictions being fully lifted in time
for the meeting is extremely low.
*
**Thus, together with our partners, we have come to the very difficult,
but necessary, decision to postpone the 14th ICRS to the week of 18 - 23
July 2021.**
**
**Please note these dates in your calendar for the year 2021!*

New plans for the 2021 meeting are already underway. We are optimistic
that we will soon be able to provide you with information on the
following points:

  * Providing current registrants with the option of either getting a
    refund or carrying over payment to 2021

  * Modifications of the scientific program

  * Dates for a new Call for Abstracts

  * Other implications resulting from the postponement to 2021

*
**For now, the registration for ICRS 2020 is closed.*

We are aware that the postponement of the ICRS 2020 will have a wide
range of consequences for the majority of our participants and we deeply
apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. COVID-19 is affecting
every aspect of our lives, and ensuring the health and safety of all
symposium participants is our top priority. We look forward to implement
the 14th ICRS in Bremen, now in July 2021.

Sincerely,

Christian Wild (Chairman of the 14th ICRS Organizing Committee)
Malik Naumann (Coordinating Secretary for 14th ICRS)
Andrea Grottoli (ICRS President)

Apologies for any crosspostings

--
*Dr. Malik Naumann*
Konferenzsekretariat / Conference secretariat

Universität Bremen / University of Bremen
UFT, Leobener Str. 6, D-28359 Bremen
T +49-(0)421-218-63303
www.icrs2020.de <3D"http://www.icrs2020.de">