[Coral-List] Coral endosymbionts are CO2-limited at only moderate irradiance levels

Scott Wooldridge swooldri23 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 00:24:19 UTC 2020

Hi Coral listers,

Just drawing your attention to a recent study by Roberty et al. (2020)

https://res.mdpi.com/d_attachment/microorganisms/microorganisms-08-00640/article_deploy/microorganisms-08-00640.pdf

The manuscript is very informative, and lends support to the previously described likelihood of intracellular (sink) limitation in the photosynthetic reactions of the algal symbionts in corals

This result has strong consequences for coral bleaching, as I continue to advocate as loudly and as annoyingly as I can:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/240506685_A_new_conceptual_model_for_the_warm-water_breakdown_of_the_coral-algae_endosymbiosis

Scott