[Coral-List] Media hyperbole in Coral Science

Coral Morphologic coralmorphologic at gmail.com
Thu May 14 16:48:37 UTC 2020

Steve, I think we are in agreement. You are preaching to the choir here.
Coral List is the definition of a platform for science communication, by
scientists for scientists; which by its nature is a bubble. What I would
like to see more than empty shade-casting and grumblings about the media
and the scientists whose work they may or may not accurately cover, are
real proposals for solutions to breaking through this bubble. I think it is
unrealistic to expect the responsibility to reform truth in all media to
fall entirely on the coral scientists. Coral Morphologic, as an independent
platform for coral science communication to the general public is one such
attempt. If you follow us on Twitter you're aware that we share the good
news and bad news coming out of coral science. But if you have your own
ideas to shift the current science/media paradigm, we should all be
supportive. We need as many facets as possible shining light at different
angles through the darkness.

Cheers,
Colin
Coral Morphologic <http://www.coralmorphologic.com>