[Coral-List] Topic submission: coral restoration in refugia

E T mertz.em at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 03:40:12 UTC 2020

Dear coral list readers,

I am a PhD student at Sophia University currently researching the
propagation of corals into refugia. Refugia are defined as "habitats that
components of biodiversity retreat to, persist in and can potentially
expand from under changing environmental conditions". I am studying refugia
within the context of climate change (changing climatic conditions creating
new areas for corals to expand their ranges into).

I am struggling to find publications on coral restoration that specifically
make mention of conducting restoration work in refugia. If you are aware of
any such publications could you please reply to this thread with the
reference? Additionally, if anyone is aware of any such ongoing restoration
project could you please let me know? I would like to be able to contact
the people involved for further information.

Thank you in advance for the assistance, it is greatly appreciated!!!!

Edith Mertz

--

*Edith Mertz*

Cell:   +81-70-4443-8864  (Japan)