[Coral-List] Winter 2021 Online MPA, MSP and Marine Management Courses - Haida Gwaii Institute

Ormond, Carlos carlos.ormond at ubc.ca
Tue Nov 24 23:59:06 UTC 2020

Dear Coral-List’ers,

While the location and the context of the program is in a temperate region, and not tropical, we all share similar marine conservation issues; and for this reason I thought it would be appropriate to share the news of our online programming this Winter Term 2021 (Jan to April)

The Haida Gwaii Institute (hginstitute.ca) - situated on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Haida people - has adapted courses from our semesters in marine conservation, natural resource management, and social-ecological change to be offered online this coming Winter Term 2021 (Jan 4th to April 8th 2021). These courses are accredited through the University of British Columbia (Canada). All times are Pacific (Vancouver/Los Angeles)

HGSE 352 - First Nations Governance & Natural Resource Management with Jaad Gudgihljiwah (Michaela McGuire) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30pm to 2:00pm

HGSE 360 - Ocean People, Culture, and Tradition with Gid Yahk’ii (Sean Young) on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3pm to 4:30pm

HGSE 361 - Fisheries Co-Management of the North Pacific Coast with Dr. Sarah Harper on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30am to 11am

HGSE 362 - Marine Protected Areas & Marine Spatial Planning with Dr. Lindsay Galbraith, Molly Clarkson and Olivia Choi on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1pm to 2:30pm

HGSE 381 - Ecological Economics with Dr. Katie Kish on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10am to 11:30am

For more information, and to register, visit: https://hginstitute.ca/winter-online/

We encourage people to register prior to December 4th, 2020. These courses are open to everyone; whether you are completing a degree, looking to further your professional development and/or out of general interest in the subject matter. If you are interested in the content and committed to the learning process, we invite you to register. For questions or to discuss your eligibility, please reach out to our team at hg.institute at ubc.ca

Should you or others have any questions please reach out to us by email hg.institute at ubc.ca or by phone 1-250-637-1646.

Be well,
Carlos

---
Dr. Carlos G. A. Ormond (he/him/his)
Director, Haida Gwaii Institute
604-2 Second Beach Road | Haida Heritage Centre at Kay Llnagaay – Skidegate, Haida Gwaii, BC, Canada
Email: carlos.ormond at ubc.ca  | Web: hginstitute.ca

Haida Gwaii Institute is situated on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Haida people.