[Coral-List] Nature talked during #IMOR2020 Hurricanes Eta and Iota

Nohora Galvis icri.colombia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 14:43:19 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

It is the first time a Hurricane Category 5 hits Seaflower Marine Biosphere
Reserve including the Islands. Neither before two hurricanes of great
magnitude where on the same Caribbean Región with a difference of days:
Hurricanes Eta and Iota.

Our Citizen Science Program reportes to The Coral Reefs Observatory of The
Foundation ICRI COLOMBIA destruction of artificial structures where
fragmens of corales hanging in the local restoration programs. Also
mortality of corals fragments and sponges thrown out on the shore .

Please check out the HASHTAG #IMOR2020 during The International Month Of
the Reef for the follow up.

See the difference before Hurricane Eta and After it, on the same dive site
Punta Padi. You can share the following  link for reseacrh purposes
mentioning the Foundation ICRI COLOMBIA to share the photos contact us
directly as the author is a scuba diver instructor from San Andres and He
does not want to scare the tourists. Enrique Pomare only allow us to share
it as we evaluate the impact with the community in our 12 years monitoring
program; while the official evaluations from CORALINA started.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArrecifesCoral/status/1324760903468933121